Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
What does the Heritage Group do with your personal information?
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security Number and income
- Account balances and overdraft history
- Credit history and investment experience
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Heritage Group chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information
|Does the Heritage Group share?
|Can you limit this sharing?
|For our everyday business purposes — such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
|For our marketing purposes — to offer our products and services to you
|For joint marketing with other financial companies
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes — information about your transactions and experiences
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes — information about your creditworthiness
|For our affiliates to market to you
|For nonaffiliates to market to you
To limit our sharing
- Complete the form below OR
Please note: If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice. However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
Call 888-550-5254 Extension 1102 to visit with the Compliance Officer
Who we are
Who is providing this notice?
This disclosure relates to the information sharing practices within the Heritage Group family of companies, which is comprised of:
- Heritage Bank
- Heritage Insurance
- HGI Realty
What we do
How does the Heritage Group protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. Relative to electronic account access, multiple layers of authentication are required before access is granted.
How does the Heritage Group collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- Open an account or apply for a loan
- Seek financial advice or advice about your investments
- Apply for insurance
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
Your choices will apply to everyone on your account.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Our affiliates include companies within the Heritage Group including Heritage Bank, Heritage Insurance, and HGI Realty.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Nonaffiliates we may share with can include investment companies, such as LPL Financial, the broker-dealer used by our former registered investment representatives, as well as insurance or other outside companies
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partners include credit card companies and other direct marketing companies we may use to market our services.